A tropical adventure in the natural beauty of the real Dominican Republic, designed to be informative, educational, but most importantly FUN! This tour is a classic that has been proven and refined for more than two decades.
What is included?
- Pass by a local school and explanation about the local educational system.
- Arrive to our IGUANA Ranch and experience the following:
o Hand rolled cigar demonstration
o Local Craft – Rock Carving sculptures an local paintings
o Sugar cane history & products
o Typical Dominican lunch is served (family style buffet)
o Meet and feed our friendly Rhino Iguanas
- Visit an authentic Dominican home, see how local people live. Also walk through coffee and cocoa plantations learning everything about how organic chocolate and coffee are made.
- Visit a beautiful river and enjoy either swaying in a hammock with a Cocktail in your hand or taking a dip in the refreshing river oasis onsite.
- Visit the Coconut stop and learned everything about the coconut and the products made from it, including health uses and benefits.
- Free flowing drinks all day long – This includes Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite, purified water, beer and rum. All are served from a chilled icebox throughout the day.
- Professionally trained Guides who will explain the history, culture, plants and animals and the way that Dominicans have lived for over 500 years.
Recommended items to bring:
- Comfortable footwear (flip flops not recommended)
- Some money for shopping opportunities
- Sunscreen/insect repellent
- Swimsuit/water shoes
- English, Spanish (Monday thru Saturday)
- French (Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- German (Wednesdays and Fridays).
Your journey heads out into the breathtaking tropical countryside where our wonderful guides will amaze you with cool information about our history, culture, plants and animals.
This is a day for everyone, packed with fun and adventure from start to finish.
The lush tropical scenery and natural beauty of the areas visited will make it a day to remember forever.
There are a number of fascinating stops throughout the day, each of which help show life in the countryside as it really is, all are fascinating, fun & educational.
You will have the opportunity to pass by one the various schools that Outback Adventures sponsors and see firsthand how you give back to the local communities just by being on the tour as you learn on the local educational system.
You’ll have a chance to visit a charming and beautiful countryside home and local business where guests will meet the family, see how they live and also see how they make a living from farming cacao (chocolate) and coffee. You will be taken on a short nature walk through a beautiful cacao plantation where the process of growing and making chocolate from the seed to the tree and to market is fully explained along with the process of making and harvesting coffee. Freshly roasted coffee and chocolate will be served pretty much straight from the tree.
Next stop is at Outback’s Exclusive Iguana Ranch nestled in the hills of the Oriental Mountain Range with breathtaking views of the whole region. We’ll serve up some of our delicious lunch “Dominican Family Style”. There is also the opportunity to meet & feed our friendly Rhino Iguanas.
Allow local artisans to captivate you with their talents, observe artisanal cigar rolling, rock carving local painting and much more.
After lunch it’s time to do that one thing we Dominicans all love to do when we have some spare time, and that’s head for the river. We take you to a beautiful secluded river area that is quite simply out of this world, and better still it’s ours for the day!!! Relax, swim, cool off in the refreshing waters of the Anamuya River, or float on one of the tubes available with a
cocktail in your hand enjoying the real Dominican style at easy afternoon experience.
An exclusive and educational stop for Outback Adventures clients; the Coconut stop! Find out why coconut is being called the miracle nut and learn the many health benefits that coconuts offer. See how coconuts are processed for their meat, shell, husk fibers, milk and oil; each of which have hundreds of uses.