Available from: PUERTO PLATA, SOSUA & CABARETE.
Also available from Rio San Juan with a minimum of 15 people.
Amazing adventure through the lush and beautiful tropical countryside of the Dominican Republic. You'll learn all about its history, culture, and the many plants, fruits and animals that thrive in the countryside. Professional guides will keep you laughing & entertained while keeping your glass full all day long! You'll visit a typical countryside home, walk through a rural chocolate and coffee plantation, and check out a local school. Enjoy a tasty Dominican lunch which is included at a countryside ranch. You'll see how hand rolled cigars are made and you’ll get the chance to buy souvenirs and local products at local prices from a Colmado. We end the day either relaxing or Boogie Boarding on a beautiful beach with amazing waves and turquoise blue water.
Length of tour – Approximately 6 ½ hours
- A professional and fun guide who will explain the history, culture, flora and fauna and the way the Dominicans have lived for over 100 years.
- Taste, see and learn how Cassava is made in one of our development projects.
- Visit a typical Dominican countryside home, meet the family living there and try freshly ground coffee and hot chocolate.
- See coffee & cocoa growing on trees and learn how this is harvested and prepared.
- Walk through a fruit plantation and taste fresh fruit grown before your eyes!
- Visit a local school (subject to local holidays), meet the children and learn about the local education system.
- Enjoy a tasty typical Dominican lunch at a countryside ranch, includes chicken, rice, beans, spaghetti, four different types of salad & fresh fruits for dessert.
- See how hand rolled Dominican Cigars are made.
- Buy local products and souvenirs at local prices such as Rum, Mamajuana, Cigars, Coffee, Vanilla Essence at the Colmado.
- Relax and get a free massage or go Boogie Boarding on a beautiful secluded beach.
- Drinks all day long: purified water, rum, beer, and soft drinks.
- Take your camera as there are plenty of wonderful photo opportunities.
- Cash for souvenirs.
- Sunscreen / Insect Repellent.
- Swimwear & towel.